In this posting game, I saw a post from Bipolar Muse http://bipolarmuse.com, and she invited people to try this out, so I thought I’d give it a go, for fun! Any questions that seem too personal for this kind of blog I will skip I hope!!!
There are 3 sets of questions from the 3 bloggers before this, so I’ll try to answer in order.
1. Post the rules that are a part of this game: here they are
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post. Let them know you’ve tagged them! (but of course)
Scenario: You are in your house and a fire breaks out. You have five minutes to grab things, and then you have to get out. What do you take? – my family obviously, photos, computers with saved photos on them and hard drives, as many of my millions of journals that I can grab, art supplies and art work, and some personal survival items if I have time
- What would you do with a billion dollars? -buy a beautiful big castle somewhere beautiful and warm with a gigantic art studio, Move to a bigger place in NYC in the same neighborhood but the whole building would be ours, with a great studio/office on the first floor so I can just come downstairs to work, start a summer art colony for underpriveleged kids somewhere cool, donate some money to some good causes and go on a shopping spree!
- Do you have an unpopular opinion? What is it?- I think psychotropic medications are pretty much a necessity for people suffering from Bipolar Disorder, schizoaffective disorder and schizophrenia and that there should be no stigma; it should be treated like insulin for diabetes.
- What do you think your five most unusual quirks are?- I sometimes forget to brush my teeth. I make art in unusual seemingly uncomfortable positions– in a biggish studio I end up on my crowded desk doing art. At home I’ll end up on the floor instead of sitting at the table. I am very very forgetful, have a terrible memory that gets worse with age. I’ve been eating a lot of peanut butter and honey sandwiches. I dress very uniquely and do not look like a typical “therapist”…
- Do you think that you could ever kill a person, given the right circumstances?-I’ll just say that having a child changes everythin, and as a parent you can do almost anything to protect that child!
- What are your thoughts on astrology, extraterrestrials, and the supernatural?- I’m open to this stuff. When patients talk about communing with the dead and describe it in detail, I believe them. When people go to a psychic and report what the psychic said that was spot on, I believe the psychic is to be taken seriously.
- What was the last lie you told?- I probably exaggerated the number of patients I have in my private practice to impress someone. Embarrassing, I know!
- What does the word “hate” mean to you?- umm, it goes hand in with love. Feel worse if someone feels indifferent toward you than if s/he hates you. It takes a lot of emotional energy to hate.
- Contrastingly, what does the word “love” mean to you?- a lot of different things. I’ll have to post about it. Let me just say this there is a specific kind of gigantic love you feel for your children, and there is a very special love between a person and her cat or dog.
- What is your definition of cheating?- We all know what it is. I will confess the last time I did anything resembling cheating it was eating smoked salmon at a funeral wake; I’m a vegetarian because I don’t want to eat dead animals. I guess the death of a person can make you do weird things like eat a dead fish when it’s against your personal morals..
- Are you particular or picky about anything? Food and texture of food. I like bananas but not in pancakes. I like nuts but not in anything, especially not in brownies or cookies. I love food from all cultures but I hate most deserts that are exotic. Like Japanese food but find all their candies and sweets to be sticky and weird and icky. I don’t like to wear suits and dress in a very particular way, so I’m picky about my eclectic clothing.
2nd Set of questions!
1. If you could go back and tell your younger self something. What age would you go back to and what would you say? – I would advise my former self around age 20 never to be roommates with any kind of friend or share a dog with a friend.
2. Favorite food.- it depends on the day. As a vegetarian: Lately I’ve been into peanut butter and honey on toasted bread. I love vegetarian maki sushi. I love most kinds of pasta. couldn’t live without cheese or ice cream! Pre-vegetarian: steak, lobster, smoked salmon, pasta with clams or shrimp, fried chicken, and fried calamari. I really miss the calamari and smoked salmon!!
3. When did you start your blog? Why? I think it was some time in the fall of 2011. I think I was inspired by a colleague’s blog; I had blogged before in a more personal way and missed blogging, thought it would be interesting to try a “therapy and art therapy” blog and challenge myself to blog weekly and work on my writing skills!
4. What do you think your best character trait is?- Empathy, compassion and openmindedness and tolerance of people’s differences- sort of one trait with a mixture of these.
5. What do you think is your worst character trait?- Sometimes lack confidence, and lazinesss
6. What is the last thing you read? – I’m in the middle of several books, “The History of Dreaming”, “Awake in the World” and the hypochondriac’s memoir, “Well Enough Alone” by Jennifer Traig, last one is a second read as I loved the book.
7. Hero?-Van Gogh
8. How much time do you spend on the internet in an average day?- too personal to answer! too much! Weird Facebook groups, and I confess I’m into fashion trends..
9. If you had to chose only one social issue to fight for what would it be?- Suicide Awareness and Prevention along side Mental Illness Awareness and Treatment
10. If you could live anywhere, where and why? – A castle in Spain or somewhere really warm. I love castles.
11. If you could chose to have the power to read people’s minds/know their thoughts, would you choose to? No thanks. I get to hear them daily from patients. That’s enough for me!
Now, Bipolar Muse’s Questions
1. How do you feel about Capital Punishment?? I’m opposed.
2. Would you want to be cremated or freeze dried? Cremated and ashes thrown in an ocean or the Hudson River.
3. Would you donate your body to the “Bodies” exhibit in Las Vegas at the Luxor casino? No.
She forgot question number 4.
5. If you could have one wish, what would it be? To have a couple of million dollars tax free to do some of the above things I answered.
6. Glitter or Adidas Superstars? I don’t understand this question, but I like glitter and glitter glue!
7. Hillary or Sarah?? neither. I dislike them both.
8. You are on a stranded Island, you already have rum (because I am nice)…which other 3 things would be essential for you? art supplies and good paper, journals, food (and of course my family)
9. Do you believe in monogamy? When two people have an understood contract in their relationship and both parties are happy with it, I do not judge how they decide to live. As long as they both agree on it, it’s their own business how they want to approach topics such as monogamy vs. polyamorous relationship. Monogamy is not a belief but a conscious choice…
10. Is it possible to have PLATONIC friends of the opposite sex? I assume you mean gender, and in fact when you think about gender it seems more obvious to me that one can have friends of different gender.
11. Do you believe in 1 soul mate or that we could have many out there?? I don’t know. Maybe both can be true at once the way something can be both a particle and a wave…
Now for my questions: beware a bunch will sound like your therapist is asking them!
1. What is your earliest memory?
2. What’s your worst childhood nightmare?
3. What’s your favorite dream you ever had (dream while sleeping)?
4. What was the first career you talked about wanting to do when you were a child? How old we’re you when you first said, “I want to be a…”?
5. Are you a morning, early bird, an afternoon ish person or a night owl by nature? Are you able to follow your real nature or does job or parenthood or relationship get in the way?
6. Who was your first crush? How old we’re you?
7. Do you have a favorite color? What is it?
8. Which family of origin member do you consider yourself closest to, ie. a parent or sibling?
9. If you could do any job, have any career and not have to be practical, what would it be?
10. Have you had a cat or dog that was mostly yours? When and what?
11. Have you ever cut someone out if your life that you used to be close to and why?
Now I need to nominate 11 bloggers out there: this is hard as I’m new to blogging these days!
These are kind of quickly chosen among many blogs I follow: I hope you see yours. I guess it would mean you’re reading my blog, as I do not know how to list these as links for people to be able to go right to these 11 cool blogs… Sorry guys. I hope you see yours and answer these questions. It’s fun, and it seems like I do not have to answer my own questions! (Just as well.)
1. Intuitive flow
2. Kit Troyer’s Blog
3. The Healing Quest
4. Halfway Between the Gutter and the Stars
5. Light Reading
6. Maze A Day
7. Eating Disorder Blog
8. I Know Something You Don’t Know
9. News of My Bipolar Brain
10. A Mind Divided
11. Not So Fashionable